The Martinsville Branch Library Photo Gallery
|The late Senator Thomas Granville Burch's house was willed to the Martinsville Memorial Library. The board voted to tear down the house.||The Andes House that became the Martinsville Memorial Library after being purchased in 1946, until its demolition in 1962.||A summer time view of the Andes House.||
The capital campaign mailer used to raise monies for the building of the library in 1961. Sponsored by the Martinsville Exchange Club.
|The campaign's organizers and Trustees of the Library.||The inside of the capital campaign mailer that offers justification for and description of the desired changes.||The desired floor plan.||The list of "Memorial Opportunities."|
|The Martinsville Library in 1978||The current library encircles this saucer magnolia that used to be in the yard of the Whittle home. (photo by Lynn Pritchett)||Another view of the saucer magnolia from the back of the library.(photo by Lynn Pritchett)||The saucer magnolia in its burgeoning blooms of late March.(photo by Lynn Pritchett)|
|The front of the Martinsville Branch with the magnolia in the background. (photo by Lynn Pritchett)|